Sunnyside Gardens Park Rules
For the new Picnic Area rules, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Definitions & Fees
MEMBER: DUES PAYING PARK MEMBER AS PER APPLICATION
ADD-ON MEMBERSHIP: $45.00 PER PERSON BY APPLICATION AND WRITTEN REQUEST TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
GUESTS: 3 VISITS FREE, THEN A CHARGE OF $5.00 PER PERSON PER VISIT, ADULT AND WALKING CHILD/CHILDREN ONLY.
1. Sunnyside Park is open every day, providing the weather is not hazardous, and the Park Director or Park Relief is on duty, except for Christmas Day. The park is open from 10:00 am to dusk, except when special events are scheduled.
2. All members and their guests who come upon the Park premises and use its facilities do so at their own risk
3. No child under eight years of age will be allowed in the Park unless accompanied by an adult. No baby-sitter shall baby-sit for more than one family at any one time.
4. Lavatories are for the convenience of Park members and their guests - do not loiter in them, dirty or deface them. Children under five years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children must not be washed in the lavatory sink.
5. The following activities are not permitted at any time: tree climbing, climbing onto the roof of any structure in the Park, the carrying of sticks, the erection of club or tree-houses in the park or on surrounding property, ball playing against the Park House or shed, and any play which has the potential of harming one-self or others.
6. Adults may drink beer, if consumed in a discreet manner, within the Picnic area. However, the drinking of hard liquor, the use of illicit drugs and gambling are not permitted on Park premises. No-one may enter or remain in the park while intoxicated.Smoking is strictly forbidden within or near the upper playground sand area.
7. Glass of any kind is NOT allowed in the Park.
8. No dogs or other animals are permitted in the Park.
9. The telephone in the office is not intended as a Public Phone and is to be used only in the event of emergencies. No one is permitted in the Park Office except for temporary medical emergencies, equipment sign-out and return or Park Duty volunteer.
10. If a baby-sitter is using the Park with his/her own children as well as the child(ren) he/she is caring for, the baby-sitter fee will apply. Park members are responsible for listing the names of all baby-sitters on the membership application and renewal form and must inform the Park Director of any changes.
11. Disputes concerning any activity or the use of any equipment or area of the park will be arbitrated by the Park Director, whose decision will be final.
12. Radios, tape players and CD-players are permitted if they are not loud and do not interfere with other members around them or nearby residents.
13. Requests for special use of any Park area or facility must be made in writing at least two weeks in advance and given to the Park Director for Board approval.
Playgrounds and Bicycles
14. All children three years of age and under must be supervised by an adult in all areas of the Park. The upper playground area and swing area, adjoining the south side of the Park House, is primarily designated for the use of children seven years of age and under. The lowers are primarily for children seven years of age and older. However, children under seven years of age may use the lowers if they are accompanied by an adult. No water play is allowed in the sand areas.
15. The sand at the base of the equipment in the lowers is there for reasons of safety. In order to avoid compromising its effectiveness, sand toys and digging in this area are prohibited.
16. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and rollerblades are to be ridden in designated areas only. All said use of equipment requires the rider to wear a helmet per state law. RIDING DOWN THE INCLINED WALKWAY THROUGH THE MAIN GATE INTO THE PARK IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. Bicycles may not be ridden in the picnic area when it is being utilized. Bicycles and other riding toys are not to be ridden in the lowers.
Fields and Courts
17. The playing of HARDBALL IS RESTRICTED TO MEMBERS OF BASEBALL AND LITTLE LEAGUE TEAMS ONLY, and will be permitted only under the supervision of the persons in charge of the activity. The teams may use bats and baseballs only on the field. Supervisors are responsible for recovering and removing all hardballs before leaving the Park. Persons with baby carriages and small children are warned against standing or sitting in the area of the ball-field and do so at their own risk.
18. Softball/stickball/box ball may be played only on the baseball field and, at posted times only, on the designated area of the blacktop. Schedules are posted at the Park entrance. Only wooden bats may be used for ball play on the blacktop. Wooden bats are available from the Park staff or volunteer on duty and must be signed out and returned to the Park office.
19. Tennis facilities will be available to members and guests by making arrangements with the Park Director, and upon payment of the prevailing fees. There will be no exceptions.
20. Sprinklers will be turned on when weather permits. No one is to touch the sprinklers while they are in operation. Bikes and riding equipment are not to be ridden through the water flow. Toys are not allowed in the sprinklers.
21. Filling of water toys in the bathrooms is strictly forbidden. NO WATER PLAY IS ALLOWED IN THE BATHROOMS. Water balloons are allowed in the lowers only and must be cleaned up after use.
22. Children regardless of age are NOT allowed in the fenced-in pool area unless supervised by a specified adult. Parents/caregivers are responsible for their children’s safety and adherence to pool rules. Park staff members are not "lifeguards" - please supervise your children at all times.
23. Children in diapers are not permitted in the pool, and must wear "swimmer" type disposables. NO EXCEPTIONS. All others must wear swimsuits. No exceptions.
24. Eating, drinking and smoking are NOT permitted in the pool area.
25. Running, jumping, and diving are NOT permitted in the pool area.
26. Toys of any kind are NOT permitted in the pool area.
27. Please avoid clutter in pool area to minimize risk of accidents.
28. The Park Director, Maintenance/Grounds Keeper, and duty volunteer are responsible for monitoring compliance with these rules and maintaining a safe and sanitary pool environment. As conditions require, they have authority to:
- Clear the pool as needed for maintenance
- Limit the total number of children in the pool area at one time
- Limit the duration individual children can stay in the pool
- To eject anyone from the pool area for not complying the above mentioned rules
29. Members shall be required to repair or replace any Park property or equipment damaged or destroyed due to improper use or careless neglect on the part of themselves, their children or their guests. Failure to meet this responsibility will result in suspension from the Park and non-renewal of membership until restitution has been made.
30. Children using toys in a harmful or dangerous way will have them confiscated, and returned only to a parent.
31. Parents will be notified by the Park Director when a child is to be suspended. If the parents cannot be reached immediately, they will be notified later that day and the child’s suspension will begin the following day. Each suspension will be noted in the Park Log and the reason noted.
32. Members who fail to pay dues, late fees or volunteer hour assessments will not be permitted to use the Park’s facilities until arrangements are made or fees paid.
AVAILABILITY & RESERVATIONS
S.G.C.A. membership includes use of the Picnic Area & BBQ grills at any time based upon availability. However, should a member request a table(s) be reserved for them (regardless of when reservation is made) fees will be applied and payment is expected.
$5 Per Table
$2 Per Non-Member Adult
Effective May 31, 2011, members who reserve a picnic table(s) for any event must pay in advance for their table and any non-members guests that will attend.
- NO GLASS BOTTLES! NO EXCEPTIONS! Non-compliance with this rule will result in the immediate cancellation (with full payment) and removal of your party from the Park grounds.
- Riding equipment and ball play in the picnic area is strictly prohibited.
- Black garbage bags and blue recycling bags will be supplied to you. Please speak with the Park attendant on duty upon arrival regarding your anticipated amount of trash. Due to the increasing cost of carting service, your diligence in keeping waste to a minimum is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
- Please remember we have neighbors. Out of courtesy, do not move portable grills toward our neighbors's backyards and keep any amplified music at reasonable volume.
- When the sun goes down, what needs to be cleaned can not be seen. If your party will end late in the day, start your clean up at least 45 minutes before closing. Rakes will be provided to clean debris from the Picnic Area floor. Please don’t leave work for the picnickers coming in after you.
- ALL garbage bags are to be removed from cans, tied and put into dumpster located by the side gate. Do not leave any bags behind.
- Leave your coals to burn out naturally. Do not pour water or ice on the grills; this will ruin the BBQ equipment.
- Report any dangerous conditions or needed repairs to Park attendant on duty before leaving.
- Pay picnic rental fees to Park Director on duty at the end of each party.
Members & Guests:
- Keep this area safe and sanitary for all to enjoy. Hosts are responsible for ensuring their guests abide by all Park rules, and for cleaning up after your picnic/party.